05/10/2016

Q3 Review

A nine months have past and I decided it was time for a final review against my plan and decide on what needs to be dome for the last quarter.


Painting/Modelling
(all moderate sized projects)

  • Terrain - only a few bits needed like new hedges are needed, but I'm tempted to produce some proper winter terrain to go with my figures Work has started and MDF gates have been ordered.
  • Saracen cavalry and a few more archers (cf 2015) - completed
  • Crusader cavalry (cf 2015) - completed
  • HYW/WOTR English add some cavalry and a few more infantry (cf 2015) - completed
  • Five Ancient German Warbands (18 strong) (cf 2015) - completed along with rebasing the entire army
  • Some Assorted Ancient Light Troops to fill in various gaps in my armies (cf 2015) - completed all the obvious candidates
  • Russian Partisans (cf 2015) - completed
  • Upgrade my WW1 East African Germans with the new HaT figures (cf 2015) - really must do this! - completed
  • Some extra Russians and Romanians for my WW2 winter games - completed
  • More woodland Indians so I can fight more French & Indian War games - completed
  • Plus a number of bits to fill in gaps in existing armies
  • - this is what I need to decide

Gaming

  • It looks like I won't need to produce anything for this years big game and my Lentini terrain will get another outing
  • - Have replayed Lentini at Bristol, unfortunately the big game was cancelled and I replayed a bigger version of Stalingrad instead. Also just played a large one day Carentan game.
  • One of the days at Gauntlet will be a Korsun pocket game, so I may need some terrain for this.
  • - Gauntlet was a great sucess and the terrain was appreciated
  • I'll also try and organise a big SYW game for one of the Deeside Defenders gaming weekends
  • - still to do, I'm still wavering between rule sets - Honours of War, Black Powder or upgrading my own set.

Breakdown of painting/modelling completed
Well I've achieved 1805 items, which is a substantial increase on the 917 half way through the year, and near to beating my annual record.

broken down as follows
Ancient 602
Medieval 419
Terrain 230
WW2 222
WW1 196
AWI/FIW 123
SYW 12
Revolution 1

Finally Stash reduction?
Down from 7,420 to 6,824, so moving in the right direction, although investing in the Plastic Soldier Kickstarter may push me a bit off track, plus the bargains I've just picked up at Derby and not added to the database..

1 comment:

Cincinnatus said...

Your completing rate is far better than mine of late. Happy gaming!