15/10/2016

Gothic cavalry and archers


The last of my variants for my Ancient Britsh/Gallic/German army was to add some extra figures so I could represent an early Gothic army. I already had some HaT Gothic cavalry and just needed a few more plus some more archers.

I had acquired some Italeri Gothic cavalry as part of a bulk purchase to provide a unit of nobles a commander and another unit of ordinary medium cavalry. They are nice sculpts but a bit rigid and repetitive.

The archers are the Revell "Saxon" archers mixed in with some more Airfix Ancient British. Typically a brittle arm snapped while basing, but I successfully managed to glue it back in place.

2 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Nice...and I spot a conversion..airfix ancient briton´s top half attached to a esci barbarian warriors bottom half ;-)

Phil said...

Nice...and fast looking army!