09/09/2013

French cyclists 1940

As requested by AJ here's a close up of the cyclists and they've been rebased since the last picture. The figures are from the Airfix WW1 French set and if you look carefully you'll spot the pin used to keep the figure upright and prevent flexing. I've based them with some Esci WW2 French to make up the numbers.


Mike - no plans at present for a big 1940 game, but who knows, though I expect next year will see a D-Day game of some sort.

Pierre le Poilu - I would like to add some horsed units, especially some limber teams, I had planned to use the HaT WW1 French Artillery, but it is moulded in that awful soft bendy plastic. I suspect I'll wait till something else appears rather than carrying out some conversions.

8 comments:

João Pedro Peixoto said...

The pin is a nice idea! Congratulatios for the nice looking figures.

Sam Wise said...

Very good work !
Unfortunately, the poses number is a bit low ...

Stryker said...

The French cyclist - one of my all time favourite Airfix figures! Nice work...

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

These are brilliant! I like the pin idea too. If you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed it. Well done.

Thanks for the close up. Made my Monday morning.

AJ

Andy Canham said...

Great idea with the pin. Mine, survivors from boyhood, broke off the base long ago.

Was there any other conversion needed or is the WW1 uniform so close to the early WW2 version that they are effectively the same?

Cheers

Andy

The Wishful Wargamer said...

Nice work Will (as alwyas). The Arifix WW1 sets are classics and I have very fond memories of them. Seeing the cyclist reminded me of that. Wasn't there a figure holding a homing pigeon as well, or am I mis-remembering that!? Cheers WW.

Fire at Will said...

WW, if you look careful on the 3rd picture of the French Army entry you'll spot the pigeon in the bottom right, which is part of the OP team

Sam Wise said...

look at Plastic Soldier review:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=37