06/02/2013

Vapa weekend - part 4 purchasing

The weekend was quite high for expenditures as I both bought goodies at the show and my order from Models2U arrived while I was out on Saturday.  So a large heap to work through!  Here they are with my rationale for purchasing:

  • 1 x Blitz Famo (it was on special offer and the DAK Rapid Fire orbats do include one)
  • 2 x Caesar 150mm IG (again for my DAK)
  • 1 x Italeri Italian M13/40 (to "complete" my Italian tanks)
  • 1 x Hat 8299 Zulu War Brit Command (for both Sudan and Zulu war vignettes, etc.)
  • 1 x Hat El Cid Moorish Command (For some extra Sudanese commanders, the remainder will mix in with my Saracens)
  • 1 x Hat 8279 Napoleonic Mounted Officers (I really need to improve the staff officers in my Napoleonic armies)
  • 1 x Hat 8304 Nap. British Command (The mounted officers will provide staff for my British in Egypt and the remainder will be used to upgrade my Napoleonic British army, whenever I get around to rebasing it!)
  • 1 x Orion German WWII Panzer Soldiers (to provide crew figures for my Panzers)
  • 3 x Pegasus Opel Blitz/equivalent (DAK transport, these will leap straight onto the painting table)
  • 2 x Redbox Continental Mercenaries, WOTR (More variety for my Medievals,  the handgunners are especially welcome) 
  • 1 x Strelets Crusader Transport 1 (I always like the bits and pieces produced by Strelets)
  • 1 x Strelets Crusader Transport 2 (a nice bit of eye-candy for my Medievals)
  • 2 x AB Seated British Paras (A bargain picked up cheap at the show and just what is needed for my Para transport)
  • 1 x Waterloo Italian Tank, Vehicle and Artillery Crews (Expensive, but provides crews for some of my Italian vehicles)
Luckily I managed to sell some surplus stuff from the stash at the show so it hasn't increased.

No comments: