16/07/2012

Dervish Ansar completed?

Just before heading off to Stoke I completed the 60 Ansar I had been working on. These form the first three units. At the back are my older figures that I repainted the bases to make them consistent with the rest of the force.

The front unit is the mulazimiyya, the khalifa's bodyguard by having a red imma (turban), which distinguishs them from the unrelenting white of the rest of the army.

Typically having mustered the two groups of units together it is obvious that I need to give my older units a wash to give them the same dusty/worn appearance of the newer ones.

5 comments:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Great looking army!

peter said...

Excellent painted figures and very nice based!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Superb!

Nick Grant said...

Oh mate, they are brilliant!

Sander said...

nicely done!