22/11/2009

Pontoon Wagons

As I mentioned under distractions these sneaked onto my painting table and have now been finished. I'm still not convinced by the new soft plastic that hat uses. Despite a thorough clean in the dishwasher the paint still takes days before it feels dry and I'm not sure how well the pontoon parts will stand up to being assembled and dismantled as the paint seems more susceptable to wear.

I haven't painted the woodwork the usually French Artillery Green but left it as wood so I can use them with other armies as necessary. I have painted the riders as Train d'Artillerie rather than the Train de Baggage or Train de Genie as the pontooneers came under the artillery branch.

3 comments:

Mad Carew said...

They look good. Have to agree about the soft plastic - its more like rubber.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Agree with carew - they do look good

Capt Bill said...

Despite the soft plastic, I love the ability to have a pontoon unit...