27/03/2009

Off to salute

Yes, I'll be back to London shortly. At the show I'm planning to spend more time perusing the goods rather than buying as I can catch up on any buying at Triples the next weekend. An essential part of the day will be catching up with various southern wargamers. In particular Steve-the-wargamer the Two Fat Lardies (first stop after I get through the door) and the southern capter of the Society of Gentlemen Gamers.

As is typical I have various items nearly finished, but you'll have to wait till after the weekend.

If you are at Salute please say Hi, I'll be wearing a back Deeside Defenders polo shirt.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Have fun at the Show, Will.

Both Steve and I were complimenting the fact that some of the unit commanders in the Hetzenberg battle were acting in contradiction to the Generals' orders.

As I commented on AJ's blog, most rules don't allow for that . . . even though it was not at all unusual historically.


-- Jeff

Fire at Will said...

Jeff, yes they were, when any decision point came up I decided on a range of likely options given their orders, the situation and their character. There were a few surprising dice rolls

A J said...

Will, your system works fine. The responses of the different commanders fitted well with how I perceived their characters. It's fun to write up the battle and fit your report into it in novel form.

Have a good time at Salute!