11/05/2008

Captured M3 half track

Here's my submission to the Guilds group build competition with the theme "captured" I had decided to set myself an additional constraint that I had to source it from my existing stocks. Otherwise I'd just go out and buy a tank and repaint it being used by a different nationality. I decided to use the Airfix M3 half track as a basis and depict it as one captured by the Afrika Korps, they had quite a number after Kasserine.

Those with long memories will remember seeing on in Wargames World issue 5 many years ago (1989).

The crew is basically DAK from my stash, the only modification was the MG gunner that had to be converted from a lying to a standing figure.

Will

4 comments:

Counterpane said...

My God! I have that issue of Wargames World. Is it really that long ago?

Counterpane said...

Oh, sorry, meant to say - nice job!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...many fond memories of that kit, and the Afrika Korps box.... nice job...!

Steven said...

Just what I was looking for! Wanted to give some European Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers a little flavor with a captured M3 halftrack, and this is perfect thanks!